WP Fusion: An Overview of What It Does and How it Benefits Your WordPress Site
WP Fusion: Marketing Automation and WordPress Integration
WP Fusion is a WordPress plugin that enables you to connect and sync between your WordPress site and other services such as autoresponders, CRM platforms, ecommerce platforms, and membership solutions. In fact, WP Fusion integrates with over 55 different CRMs, not counting the multitude of other integrations it has. It simplifies the process of linking and data sharing between WordPress and multiple services. This means your WordPress site can be used even more efficiently and effectively, allowing you to focus on what’s important rather than struggling to manually keep everything in sync.
You might want to think of WP Fusion as being similar to Zapier, but they really aren’t the same thing. Yes, they can accomplish similar tasks, but they go about it very differently. WP Fusion provides direct integration between your WordPress environment and multiple external services via direct API connections, while Zapier provides the integration via a relay (aka webhooks) methodology.
By connecting your WordPress site to other services through WP Fusion, you can create automated systems for a variety of tasks. You can create user accounts or customer profiles in a CRM or membership platform and sync them with your WordPress site. WP Fusion can also update new or changed user profiles or customer information and track visits or purchases.
Integrating with services like HubSpot, ActiveCampaign, or FluentCRM allows you to easily link to automated email sequences triggered by actions taken on your WordPress site. Additionally, you can automatically tag contacts in your CRM based on the user activity such as purchasing a specific product or completing a lesson in a supported LMS such as LearnDash.
WP Fusion saves you the hassle of having to manually manage data and keep everything in sync between dissimilar systems. Unlocking the powerful features of WP Fusion helps you to be more efficient while at the same time improving your data accuracy.
What are the Features of WP Fusion?
The main purpose of WP Fusion is to provide an integration between your WordPress environment and a range of popular third-party services, such as MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, FluentCRM, WooCommerce, Zapier, and more. It also has a range of features designed to help you manage your contacts and automate processes.
The main features of WP Fusion include:
- Contact Management: WP Fusion allows you to add contacts from an external source, like MailChimp, and store them in WordPress. It also gives you the ability to segment and tag contacts, assign them to different lists, and assign them different tags.
- Tag-based Access Control: With this functionality many sites can avoid installing a separate WordPress membership plug. Not only does your contact metadata stay synchronized with your CRM, WP Fusion manages content access on your site. This means that your content – posts, pages, courses, lessons – can all be protected similar to a membership site without the complications of a membership site.
- Automations: WP Fusion facilitates creating automated processes such as updating contact data, assigning tags, and sending emails. It also allows you to use conditional logic so that the automation only runs under certain conditions. These automations are not directly provided by WP Fusion, but rather by your automation service such as FluentCRM. What WP Fusion does is automate the conditional adding and removing of contact tags or other contact metadata.
- Integrations: WP Fusion integrates with a range of popular services. For example, your WordPress site might be using WooCommerce Subscriptions and LearnDash to provide membership courses to your subscribers. And you may also be running ActiveCampaign as your CRM. WP Fusion can automate adding and removing contact tags in LearnDash based on which WooCommerce Subscription plan the contact is on, and then sync that information to ActiveCampaign for customer outreach automation.
- Page Builder Integration: If you use a WordPress page builder such as Elementor or Beaver Builder, WP Fusion provides deep integration right within the page builder. With this increased functionality you can do things like assigning users to specific CRM lists right from the page builder subscription module, or conditionally display page sections by creating conditional rules based on the user’s tags.
- Custom Fields: WP Fusion allows you to create custom fields in WordPress and map them to fields in your third-party services. This makes it easy to synchronize custom information with your external services without having to write custom code.
- Webhooks: WP Fusion has built-in webhooks that allow you to trigger actions in WordPress when an event occurs in a third-party service. What this means is that an external service that doesn’t have direct API integration or support with WP Fusion can still be integrated if the external service is able to send a webhook.
- Advanced Addons: The Pro version of WP Fusion has advanced addons that target enhanced functionality such as abandoned cart tracking, user login event, enhanced ecommerce data, and user event tracking.
What are the Versions of WP Fusion?
WP Fusion currently has four versions available: Lite, Personal, Plus, and Pro, with Pro being the most advanced version. As you would expect, the functionality and features of WP Fusion increase with ech version.
WP Fusion Lite is the free version of WP Fusion and is available for download from the WordPress Plugin Directory or directly from the WP Fusion website (download WP Fusion Lite here). WP Fusion Lite doesn’t have as many integrations as the Personal or Pro versions, but it is still very functional. It includes features such as:
- Automated user tagging
- Custom field mapping
- Custom usermeta synchronization
- Contact form & Gravity Form integrations
- Unsubscribe tags
WP Fusion Personal has every feature that the Lite version does, and also adds in integration with ThriveCart, WooCommerce, Beaver Builder, and 100+ more. It also adds additional features such as syncing unlimited custom fields, bidirectional sync, and syncing users between different WordPress sites.
- WooCommerce & Easy Digital Downloads integrations
- Automated user role assignment & de-assignment
- Advanced event tracking
- Advanced conditionals & conditions
- User list segmentation
- Advanced user roles & capabilities
- Events calendar integration
- Support for multiple CRMs
- Search & replace automation
- Custom WordPress user login
- HubSpot integration
- And more!
The WP Fusion Plus version of WP Fusion adds onto the functionality of the Personal version by giving access to all of their advanced functionality addons. These advanced addons include:
- Enhanced Ecommerce
- Abandoned Cart
- Media Tools
- Event Tracking
WP Fusion Professional is the exact same feature and functionality as the Plus version with one notable addition. All of the other versions are licensed to one site, but the Professional version is licensed to unlimited sites. This can save you a significant amount of money if you are operating more than one WordPress site or if you are a developer supporting multiple clients.
The Benefits of Using WP Fusion
Because WP Fusion acts as the bridge between multiple platform services, and the range of platforms supported is so vast, there are significant advantages. Some of these advantages may not be apparent at first glance, but they are definitely real.
As an example, what if you currently use ConstantContact as your CRM and you would like to switch to FluentCRM. Additionally, you use LearnDash and use the membership features of WP Fusion to control course access via contact tags. Because you have your rules defined within WP Fusion, the tag management would remain the same and your course access would remain the same when you switch CRMs. Of course you would still need to migrate your contacts to the new CRM and set up the proper automations, but the core protection and course access would remain the same.
Another example would be custom programming. Say you have a custom program written that calls a WP Fusion hook function that adds a CRM tag and gives access to bonus content when a user completes a LearnDash lesson. If at some point you switch CRMs, the custom program that you had written will likely perform without any changes because the WP Fusion functionality remains the same.
Another big benefit for freelancers and developers is the learning curve. Once you have become familiar with how to setup and configure WP Fusion, that same process and operational behavior works across all supported services – whether it be WooCommerce, Beaver Builder, ActiveCampaign, or LearnDash, etc. This means that you can have one client on Elementor and ActiveCampaign, while another is on Beaver Builder and FluentCRM, but your knowledge, processes, and configuration methods remain the same.
What Integrations Does WP Fusion Have
WP Fusion offers a wide range of integrations for different business types, from custom WordPress plugins and themes to MailChimp, Infusionsoft, and ActiveCampaign. Actually, too many integrations to list out here. You can find a full list of the WP Fusion CRM Integrations here (more than 55) and the list of WP Fusion Plugin Integrations here (more than 100).
Here is a list of some of the most popular integrations that WP Fusion currently offers:
- ActiveCampaign: WP Fusion allows you to sync user data and track user activity on your website with ActiveCampaign.
- Infusionsoft by Keap: With WP Fusion, you can automatically create contacts in Infusionsoft and trigger campaigns based on user activity on your site.
- HubSpot: WP Fusion integrates with HubSpot to enable you to track user activity, capture leads, and automate marketing tasks.
- Salesforce: WP Fusion lets you sync data between your WordPress site and Salesforce, track user activity, and trigger automated workflows.
- ConvertKit: WP Fusion seamlessly integrates with ConvertKit to provide advanced email marketing automation capabilities based on user activity and tags.
- Drip: WP Fusion integrates with Drip to help you capture leads and automate email campaigns based on user behavior.
- ActiveMember360: WP Fusion provides a complete integration with ActiveMember360, enabling you to create membership sites, automate recurring payments, and deliver content to your subscribers.
- LearnDash: WP Fusion integrates with LearnDash to help you create online courses, track user progress, and automate course enrollment based on user behavior.
- AccessAlly: WP Fusion integrates with AccessAlly to help you create membership sites, automate recurring payments, and deliver content to your subscribers.
- MemberPress: WP Fusion seamlessly integrates with MemberPress to help you create and manage membership sites, track user activity, and automate recurring payments.
- FluentCRM: WP Fusion provides a complete integration with FluentCRM, which is a powerful WordPress plugin for email marketing automation. The integration allows you to sync user data, track user activity, and trigger automated workflows based on user behavior. With WP Fusion and FluentCRM, you can easily segment your email list, personalize your emails, and automate your marketing campaigns.
- WooCommerce: WP Fusion integrates with WooCommerce, which is a popular WordPress plugin for creating an online store. The integration allows you to capture customer data and track user activity on your store. You can also segment your customers based on their purchasing behavior and automate your marketing campaigns. With WP Fusion and WooCommerce, you can create a seamless customer experience and increase your sales.
- WooCommerce Subscriptions: WP Fusion also integrates with WooCommerce Subscriptions, which is a popular plugin for creating subscription-based products and services. The integration allows you to capture customer data, track user activity, and automate subscription management tasks. You can also segment your subscribers based on their subscription status and create personalized marketing campaigns. With WP Fusion and WooCommerce Subscriptions, you can easily manage your subscriptions and grow your recurring revenue.
The integrations supported in WP Fusion enable you to seamlessly connect your WordPress site with your favorite CRM, marketing automation platform, or e-commerce plugin. Its flexibility allows you to choose the platform that best suits your needs and automate your marketing and sales tasks with ease. Whether you are running an online store, creating a membership site, or managing a marketing campaign, WP Fusion has got you covered.
Integrating WP Fusion with Your CRM
After installing WP Fusion on your WordPress site you will need to select a CRM to link with it. The exact process that you use will vary depending on the CRM that you are using, but the process is straightforward and well documented. Most of the time it will involve going into your CRM dashboard, grabbing some API keys, and putting those API keys into WP Fusion. Again, the specifics of the process for your CRM dashboard are well documented.
After configuring WP Fusion with your selected CRM, that’s it! You’re ready to configure the various WP Fusion settings according to your preferences.
And what about all the other plugins that you have on your site? WP Fusion will automatically recognize any supported plugin and automatically present the options for that plugin and configure settings panels and options. For example, if you are using WooCommerce, WP Fusion automatically adds a settings panel to the product definition page where you can set options for assigning tags when a product is purchased, or removing tags when a product is refunded. Or if you are using Beaver Builder for your page builder, WP Fusion automatically adds the ability to specify tags in conditional setting rules if you have the appropriate Beaver Builder version.
The actual integration steps that you need to take to integrate your CRM and WP plugins is minimal and simple. The most difficult part will be understanding the new capabilities that WP Fusion brings to your site and the best ways to configure your site. WP Fusion gives you the options, but it is still up to you to determine how you want things to operate.
WP Fusion is an incredibly versatile and functional tool that can help WordPress users achieve their business goals. Its powerful integration capabilities enable seamless connections via API with various external services, including CRMs, marketing automation platforms, and other tools. Using WP Fusion, you can streamline workflows, enhance customer engagement, and boost productivity.
One of the key benefits of WP Fusion is its modular architecture. With this feature, it’s easy to switch between different configurations and services based on your evolving business needs. Additionally, WP Fusion supports multiple clients who have varying WordPress and CRM configurations.